Leading Young People to Leadership
When: Session One – July 11th – July 29, Session Two – August 1 – August 12
Where: Session One – Post Morrow Foundation property, Session Two – CEED and Mama Farm
When the young people who took part in last summer’s Leadership program developed new skills they will use the rest of their lives, everyone won. Their parents knew their children were occupied in a way that was fun, exciting, developmental,, and completely different from standard school lessons.
The world gained the potential for new, environmentally conscious leaders. We all need that!
And the young people had outdoor experiences they will remember for the rest of their lives.
This year, we’ve strengthened our summer leadership program by adding more conservation. We’re now calling it the 2022 Leadership and Conservation Program. Here are some of the key features:
- Teens do real field science and then share their knowledge with younger children, learning how to communicate knowledge – a valuable skill in any field.
- 3-week program at Post Morrow Foundation with team building, exploring, seining in the bay, studying the Beaver Dam Creek ecosystem, identifying trees on our nature trails. Leading younger children on hikes, science activities, explorations of the marine environment, and more.
- 2-week session at CEED and at Mama Farm, the organic farm next door, learning about farming and livestock, and exploring nature in the Dennis Puleston Preserve and CEED grounds.
- Study local fish and anatomy, the bay ecosystem, the creek ecosystem, interpretive nature walks and more.
- Teens will be helping with our Bobwhite Quail Project – what is native, naturalized, and invasive in our woodlands, healthy soils and water, abiotic and biotic indicators and more.
- Work together and develop bonds with other young people.
- Free CEED “Staff” t-shirt
Saturday, November 18 · 3 - 4:30pm EST Taking the first steps on the journey to cultivating your own mushrooms can be intimidating, but there is no better companion to start with than Pleurotus ostreatus, the Oyster Mushroom. Hardy, fast-growing, delicious and...
Saturday, November 18 · 6 - 7:30pm EST - Adults only Join us for a night of owls with adults. The event will begin with Ranger Eric telling us about the owls of New York, and their important role in our ecosystem. You'll even get to meet a live owl! After the Owl...
Sunday, December 10 · 11am - 1pm EST Learn to make beautiful art and holiday decorations with Jenn Lucas.Recent postsBack to blog home >>Anyone can volunteer. Even you!