Fall Equinox Festival Highlights: The Fun and Wonder of Migration
Join CEED for our Fall Equinox Festival: Saturday, September 18, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Washington Lodge.
This is going to be our best Fall Equinox Festival ever! We’ll celebrate all the marvels of migration on Long Island. Here are a few highlights:
- Arrizza and his magical flamenco guitar music.
- Reggae band Sky Fire will get us dancing and swaying. They’ll remind our migratory birds what they’re heading back to in the Caribbean!
- Birds of Prey! Live raptor display with expert educators from Sweetbriar Nature Center. Every 15-20 minutes a new bird!
- Taiko Drummers. This ancient communication system will send good vibes south ahead of our migrating wildlife.
- The Long Island Parrot Society will have talkers and squawkers to marvel at.
- Activities for kids!
There will also be great food from the Lunchbox food truck, interesting natural product vendors, and fun activities for the whole family. There’s no charge, so please plan on joining us!
We listen and we respond. CEED now offers our Summer Nature Experience to children going into kindergarten.
There are less than two weeks left to register your teens for CEED’s Leadership and Conservation Program first session this summer.
People often talk about the “summer slide,” when students can slip backwards in their academic progress in the months outside of school. But it’s not inevitable. And CEED has designed a special program that takes advantage of summer to build leadership and...
Back to blog home >>
Anyone can volunteer. Even you!