OPPORTUNITIES AT CEED
Become a Part of the CEED Family!
Here at CEED, we are committed to our role in helping to develop a new generation of thinkers, doers, voices and stewards of our planet. We know the best way to get kids interested is to immerse them in nature and provide opportunity to wonder, explore and get their hands dirty. While we offer the opportunities, our role as educators is to guide them, to have a purpose, and to share our excitement, which will help lead them to our educational goal.
We are looking for dynamic, energetic people who have the same passion for nature to help provide the foundation or launchpad for our youth. These positions will be full-time during the weeks of March 29 – April 2 and July 12 – August 13 for our Spring and Summer Nature/Farm Experiences. There may be part-time opportunities other times. There will be a few required days prior to the spring and summer sessions.
What we are looking for...
- A bachelor’s degree (or working toward a degree) in education or any science related to nature or conservation. This shows you have a vested interest in topics that are important to us.
- Experience and a strong desire to work with children.
- Experience and knowledge of the Long Island landscape and natural history. It’s easiest to help guide children when we have a strong knowledge base ourselves. That doesn’t mean we expect the candidates to know everything; we are always learning. It is important to let children know when we do not know something, and work together on discovering the answer. After all “Discovery” is in our name!
- Strong questioning skills and strategies- we strive to guide children in the thinking process. Children learn best when they direct and own their learning.
- Ability to manage a group of children in a child-centered learning environment while providing a safe space physically, emotionally, and mentally.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to make a schedule and know when to adjust and adapt it. You never know when you are going to find something interesting in nature.
- Willingness to follow all health and safety policies and procedures, including current COVID19 protocols.
We consider these qualifications a bonus ...
- Degree or certification in education.
- Solid experience leading children in a nature-based learning environment.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- Strong background in constructive/play-based learning environments that promote student centered learning.
- Fluency in another language in addition to English.
- Ability and knowledge of working with animals.
- Experience with different forms of art.
We are a non-profit organization, and offer a competitive wage compared to other non-profits. This position will not be full-time year-round, but there may be part-time opportunities throughout the year, and plenty of room for growth. If you think you might be the person we are looking for, please apply. If you know someone else who might be that person, please forward this information!
Please submit your letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com and we will email you an application. If you prefer to mail your letter of interest and resume, please send it to:
ATTN: Education Committee
P.O. Box 295
Brookhaven, NY 11719
Please feel free to call us if you have any questions at 631-803-6780 and ask for Eric or Sally.