2022 Year End Report and Appeal
Dear Friend of CEED,
We’re so grateful for all who support CEED and take part in our programs. Thanks to you support, our small but growing organization has accomplished a lot this past year.
- Our Nature Experiences and Wave Maker programs offered close to 200 local children the opportunity to explore, discover, and learn about local fauna and flora, while preparing to become stewards of our planet.
- We presented over 100 Connect-to-Nature programs in over 75 schools and libraries, mostly on Long Island.
- 7 community events celebrating various aspects of our local environment gave over 1000 visitors the opportunity to discover CEED’s 70+ acre campus and mission.
- 17 artists created and installed outdoor sculpture for our “Sculpture on the Trail” exhibition, in conjunction with 9 poets who wrote and performed specifically for this event (thank you Inspiration Plus and South Bay Artists Association for your generous participation).
- Local artists, contractors, and craftspeople have all stepped forward to be a part of our restoration and renovation efforts, including Jennifer Lucas, who created painted panels depicting the seasons, installed around the front doorway of the Washington Lodge.
- Interns from Stony Brook University developed and honed their skills as they helped with creating citizen science opportunities and explored the logistics of running a nature
- We opened the Washington Lodge’s Woodlands Hall, after raising over $35,000 necessary to install a fire safety system and make other There’s a lot more work to be done, but we aim to return the entire Lodge to the community, with your help!
As a lean, forward-looking non-profit organization, CEED needs your help today. We’re trying to raise $25,000 in donations before the end of the year.
Gifts made to CEED will help fund our workshops, famous “Owl Prowl” walks, lecture series, the Winter Solstice Festival, and more.
If you can give $250 or more, we’d love to send you one of our insulated, CEED travel cups. If you could possibly make a gift of $2,500 or more, you could sponsor one of 20 unique, handmade benches, created especially for CEED, which will bear a plaque engraved to your specification and will be displayed in CEED’s backyard.
Other gift opportunities are available, and I am happy to discuss them with you. Please call me at 631-803-6780 or email email@example.com if you are interested in hearing more about donation opportunities.
Any gift you can make is tax-deductible and will be greatly appreciated. Will you help?
We depend on our friends to help create this community nature destination in Brookhaven Hamlet. Please continue to support CEED by donating. And don’t forget, our trails are always here for you to connect, enjoy, and explore! Thank you!
Sally A. Wellinger, Executive Director
Annual Seed and Soil Sale
PREORDERS DUE BY SAT, MAR. 25 AT 10 AM Improve your lawn and garden by preordering sustainable products in advance of our Annual Earth Day Seed & Soil Sale … and support CEED and the environment at the same time! Our Seed & Soil Sale offers quality plant seed...
Get to Know Winter Trees with Ranger Eric
SAT, FEB 25 AT 10 AM Winter might seem like a difficult time to study trees but where there’s a will there’s a way. Join us as we learn about some of our trees at CEED, how to identify them, and the many ways in which we use them, such as for lumber, food, resins,...
Learn to Sketch and Paint February
SUN, FEB 26 AT 12 PM Join nature sketching and watercolor artist, Jenn Lucas, for a winter sketching and painting workshop. Participants will have an afternoon of collecting, sketching and adding color to seasonal finds. We will use the beautiful neutral color palette...