2022 Year End Report and Appeal
Dear Friend of CEED,
We’re so grateful for all who support CEED and take part in our programs. Thanks to you support, our small but growing organization has accomplished a lot this past year.
- Our Nature Experiences and Wave Maker programs offered close to 200 local children the opportunity to explore, discover, and learn about local fauna and flora, while preparing to become stewards of our planet.
- We presented over 100 Connect-to-Nature programs in over 75 schools and libraries, mostly on Long Island.
- 7 community events celebrating various aspects of our local environment gave over 1000 visitors the opportunity to discover CEED’s 70+ acre campus and mission.
- 17 artists created and installed outdoor sculpture for our “Sculpture on the Trail” exhibition, in conjunction with 9 poets who wrote and performed specifically for this event (thank you Inspiration Plus and South Bay Artists Association for your generous participation).
- Local artists, contractors, and craftspeople have all stepped forward to be a part of our restoration and renovation efforts, including Jennifer Lucas, who created painted panels depicting the seasons, installed around the front doorway of the Washington Lodge.
- Interns from Stony Brook University developed and honed their skills as they helped with creating citizen science opportunities and explored the logistics of running a nature
- We opened the Washington Lodge’s Woodlands Hall, after raising over $35,000 necessary to install a fire safety system and make other There’s a lot more work to be done, but we aim to return the entire Lodge to the community, with your help!
As a lean, forward-looking non-profit organization, CEED needs your help today. We’re trying to raise $25,000 in donations before the end of the year.
Gifts made to CEED will help fund our workshops, famous “Owl Prowl” walks, lecture series, the Winter Solstice Festival, and more.
If you can give $250 or more, we’d love to send you one of our insulated, CEED travel cups. If you could possibly make a gift of $2,500 or more, you could sponsor one of 20 unique, handmade benches, created especially for CEED, which will bear a plaque engraved to your specification and will be displayed in CEED’s backyard.
Other gift opportunities are available, and I am happy to discuss them with you. Please call me at 631-803-6780 or email email@example.com if you are interested in hearing more about donation opportunities.
Any gift you can make is tax-deductible and will be greatly appreciated. Will you help?
We depend on our friends to help create this community nature destination in Brookhaven Hamlet. Please continue to support CEED by donating. And don’t forget, our trails are always here for you to connect, enjoy, and explore! Thank you!
Sally A. Wellinger, Executive Director
I guess I’m the last one to tell his Saga for Giving Tuesday. My name is Frodo, and as you may have guessed from my photo, I’m a bullfrog. I’ve been one of Ranger Eric’s Animal Ambassadors for more than 10 years, if you can believe it! But no one is quite sure how old...
Dear CEED Friend, CEED has released hundreds and hundreds of northern bobwhite quail … so what’s my Giving Tuesday Saga and how did I, Robert Quail, end up living at CEED? Well, what I remember is that I felt like I never really got used to being in the woods. All the...
Dear CEED Friend, As one of the newest members of the team, I want to tell you my story. It’s a Giving Tuesday Saga of generosity towards animals in trouble. Sadly, my mother was hit by a car and killed. But a naturalist walking along the road wisely thought to check...